terms & conditions
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
Responsible Service of Alcohol/Disorderly Conduct
Watermans Café has a Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy. It is illegal to serve alcoholic beverages to any persons who is intoxicated or who may attempt to drive a vehicle, and as such Watermans Café reserves the right to refuse service to such persons or request the departure from the premises.
It is illegal also to serve alcoholic beverage to any persons under the age of 18 years, and Watermans Café reserve the right to request suitable identification at any venue or event.
We at Watermans Café will not permit or suffer any riotous, disorderly, offensive or improper conduct. Offenders will be asked to leave the event and may be escorted off the premises by a Watermans Café representative or member of security personnel.
Neither Watermans Café nor any venue booked on behalf of the client shall be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the client or by any persons, firm or corporation supplying any client.
The client shall be responsible for the cost of making good any damage or loss caused to any venue booked on behalf of the client and Watermans Café buildings, furniture, fittings and equipment arising out of and in the course of the client’s event.
The client uses and occupies any venue booked at their own risk. The client hereby indemnifies Watermans Café and agrees to keep Watermans Café indemnified against all actions, suits, proceedings, claims and demands, costs and expenses whatsoever which may be taken or made against Watermans Café and/or incurred arising out of injury or damage to any person or property from or during the use of any venue.
In the instance that you need to cancel your event, the following condition will apply:
- All cancellations must be made in writing
- If cancellation occurs more then 30 days prior to the event date, 100% of the deposit will be refunded. If cancellation occurs 20 days prior to the event date, 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
- If cancellation is received less then 20 days prior to the event date, the cancellation fee will consist of the
total deposit and all non-refundable charges.
- Where circumstances are beyond the clients control to hold the event, Watermans Café will review and after that review, may release the client from this agreement without penalty.
Confirmation of Guest Numbers
- To ensure maximum value and efficiency for you, Watermans Café requires confirmation of minimum numbers attending your event at least 10 working days prior to the event date.
- The final number of guests attending the event is required 5 working days prior to the event. And if the guest numbers fall below the number that was confirmed the client is required to pay for the number that was confirmed, being the final number of guest.
Watermans Café can provide tastings for seated and Canapés menus only. When the function has been booked and confirmed with the deposit of 20% paid on the total quoted package. A date and time can be arranged to suit both Watermans Café and the Client . Tastings are for bookings 50 people and over. Tasting prices are subject to the menu chosen.
Event time and Surcharges
-Events finishing past the agreed time will incur a service charge,
the charge will be $100 per/half hour or part thereof
- Surcharges will apply for all events held on Sunday 15%
And public holidays 20%, this surcharge is calculated on the total spend.
Watermans Café wants your function to be a success. We know the best way to achieve success is to formulate a strong, honest and open relationship with you, the event organiser. A relationship where communication is clear and expectations from both sides are understood from the beginning.
Watermans Café services are hired under the terms and conditions set out below and as described in relevant venue documentation. The payment by any persons of any fees and charges for such services and venue facilities shall be deemed to be an acknowledgment and acceptance by such person of these conditions.
Once you have discussed your brief, Watermans Café team will develop a quotation for you based on your individual requirements. This written quotation will remain valid for 30 days from date of issue. In the instance that the event brief alters, it may be necessary to review and reissue each quotation.
While all attempts are made to maintain published prices, they may be subject to change at the discretion of Watermans Café. If prices differ, the client will be informed before the event date. Prices quoted include GST unless otherwise specified.
Confirmation of Booking
Watermans Café considers confirmation of the event upon receipt of these terms and conditions signed and accompanying payment of the requested deposit by the due date specified. Failure to adhere to this procedure may result in Watermans Café being forced to cancel the event.
As many costs are incurred prior to the event date, Watermans Café has the following payment terms:
- A deposit, based on a minimum of 20% of the total quotation costs, is required to confirm your event ( where venue are booked on your behalf, a larger deposit may be required).
- For Per Approved Corporate clients (ABN applicable) full payment of all known costs is payable up to
seven days after your event date
- For private clients full prepayment of all known costs is payable five full working days prior to the event date or full payment can be made on the day of the event but only in cash payment, no cheque will be accepted on the day of the event.
- Payment can be made by direct credit (EFT), cash or eftpos
- Outstanding accounts may incur a charge of an additional 10% of the total invoice.
- Exception to this clause may occur in the instance where a venue cancellation fee applies. Venue
cancellation fees will be the responsibility of the client in the instance where Watermans Café is unable to rebook for the previously agreed date.